Accompanying this instruction page is the new C.V. format required for a Weill Cornell academic appointment. It is necessary to enter all requested information as this format facilitates the review process.
Fill in the information then print, sign and date the C.V.
In addition to the C.V., the following are required for each level:
Instructor or Assistant Professor Levels
- Letter of Nomination from your hospital department chair with suggested title.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from physicians at your rank or higher.
Letters of reference should be addressed to your department chair. Comments about teaching, research, and clinical care are encouraged.
Associate Professor or Professor Levels
- Letter of Nomination from your department chair indicating the suggested title.
- Copies or reprints of three (3) of the candidate's best peer reviewed articles.
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and fax numbers of five (5) impartial referees.
- Letter from your hospital department chair nominating you for Affiliate Physician of Weill Cornell Medical College.
- One letter of reference.
Letter of reference should be addressed to your department chair.
Note: It is strongly recommended that referees not have Weill Cornell faculty titles and come from institutions other than your own. Documentation of a regional, national and international reputation is highly valued .For further information contact your Department Chair or Dr. Oliver Fein, Associate Dean, Weill Cornell Medical College. (212-746-4030).
Mailing: Please send signed C.V., Chair's recommendation Letter and letters of reference to:
Oliver Fein, M.D., Associate Dean
Office of Affiliations
Weill Cornell Medical College
425 East 61st Street, Suite 321
New York, NY 10065-8722
If you have any questions please call the Office of Affiliations (212-746-4030) and speak with Portia Harvey or Carolyn B. Schnall, M.A.